New York teacher and blogger, John D. Howell, who seems to be about my age (favorite music: Carlos Santana, Crosby Stills Nash, & The Grateful Dead) has started a list of suggested summer reading.
- Daniel Pink’s A Whole New Mind
- Alan November’s Empowering Students with Technology
- David Warlick’s Classroom Blogging
- Will Richardson’s Blogs, Wiki’s, Podcasts and other Powerful Web Tools for Classrooms
- Peter Senge’s The Fifth Discipline
I would like to continue that list with some of my favorites over the last many months:
- The Search, by John Batelle
- Wikinomics, by Don Tapscott
- How Computer Games Help children Learn, by David Williamson Shaffer
- The Rise of the Creative Class and The Flight of the Creative Class, by Richard Florida
- Everything is Miscellaneous, by David Weinberger
In the professio-tainment category:
mime meme up. It’s tradition!
Giroux, Jeremy. “Mind Reading – March 2007.” Jay GI’s Photostream. 3 Apr 2007. 25 May 2007 <http://flickr.com/photos/jayswww/445116523/>.