I’m at a conference, the South Carolina EdTech conference. People will be teaching, learning, generating excitement and energy, and we just have to share it. Here are some links to some print handouts (pdf files) that you can use to set up and use a blogging account.
Once you are blogging, it’s important that your blogs are tagged for the conference. You can go to Hitchhikr to generate those tags.
- Go to Hitchhikr (http://hitchhikr.com/)
- Click your conference from the “Imminent Conferences” section.
- Click the [Make Tag Code] link.
- A new browser window will appear. Copy the HTML code from the large textbox and paste it at the bottom of your conference blog report, and then publish your blog.
- In the tag generating web page, type the URL of your blog in the bottom textbox and click [Ping!]
Following these instructions will cause your blog entry to show up on Hitchhikr, and to be available to educators who are aggregating blog entries about the conference.
Web 2.0 Conference Photo Journalists?
Here is a link for setting up a flickr account, so that you can upload photos from your phone and make them available to people who are hitch hiking to the conference.
And here is a handout for uploading photoes to flickr from your phone.
Now just use Photoshop Elements to create and print your own Web 2.0 Conference Journalist Press pass, and you’re ready to go.