This latest report on how Americans use the Internet focuses on teens. Here are a few of the headings in the reports Summary of Findings:
- Close to nine in ten teens are internet users.
- 45% of teens have cell phones and 33% are texting.
- Email is still a fixture in teens’ lives, but IM is preferred.
- Face-to-face time still beats phone and screen time for teens.
- Half of families with teens have broadband.
- Eight in ten wired teens play games online.
- The size of the wired teen population surges at the seventh grade mark.
- Older girls (aged 15-17) are power communicators and information seekers.
I look forward to reading this in more detail.